Tutorial how to setup Live Helper Chat. You can also use available snapshot on DigitalOcean
If you are running wordpress site it's 99.9% chance Live Helper Chat will work just fine.
- Download zip - https://github.com/remdex/livehelperchat/archive/master.zip
- Minimum PHP 7.2
- For Laravel version please go to https://github.com/LiveHelperChat/livehelperchat_laravel
- After you gave permission to write to cache folder. You should see the following window. If you see strange error instead of install make sure that
- Your browser is pointing to index.php/site_admin/install/install URL
- You gave recursive write permission to cache folder.
Try to change owner to apache user or the user under which you are running http server.
chown apache:apache -R cache/chown apache:apache -R var/chown apache:apache settings/chmod -R 755 cache/
After that you should see something like his
Now just give permission to write to required folders/files
chmod 755 settings/chmod -R 755 var/storagechmod -R 755 var/userphotochmod -R 755 var/storageformchmod -R 755 var/storageadminthemechmod -R 755 var/botphotochmod -R 755 var/bottrphotochmod -R 755 var/storageinvitationchmod -R 755 var/storagedocsharechmod -R 755 var/storagethemechmod -R 755 var/tmpfiles
After that all items should be green.
On next screen you should see similar window. Database has to be precreated.
Application initial settings
These settings you can fill up according to your needs.
Logging to application
Login here you should be presented with login window.
Install url is always
This is the main application window.
Generating embed code
Now click on Settings icon on top menu. You should see this window.
Embed code -> Widget embed code (new)
You should see window like this
To have proactive enabled check
Check for operator invitation messages
Embed code should be similar to this. If you copy this code change
install.livehelperchat.com/index.php to your install path.
For more information and trouble shooting see integration article.
Proactive invitation setup
System configuration -> Live help configuration -> Pro active chat invitations
Here is demo configuration which we have on demo.livehelperchat.com. Some things it does:
- Message to user is send after he spends 20 seconds on page or have more than 2 pageviews.
- We show random profile from online operators
- Also we have to delayed messages there. Delayed messages can be also configured in autor responder sections.
- Also we have there long auto delayed message 40 seconds. If during that period no one accepts a chat message is shown that all operators are busy.
You can see proactive invitation setup on our demo installation.
And here is instant auto response message.
Here goes automatic auto response message.
- How to remove index.php from URL?
- Wondering how to setup automatic online/work hours?
- Need automatically change operator status to offline/online?
- Want to rebrand it according to your site style?
- Don't know how to use screen sharing?
- Try windows app or chrome extension
- My users loose chat session then they navigate through the site, duplicate online users records
My widget does not load?
Try to add this in your
.htaccess file in root folder
lhc_web. If this folder does not exists just place
.htaccess in the same folder where
index.php file exists. It has to be placed in Live Helper Chat folder not a website.
AddType application/wasm .wasm<Files ~ "\.(gif|jpe?g?|png|bmp|swf|css|js|svg|otf|eot|ttf|woff|woff2|swf|mp3|ogg|wasm|map|wav|pdf|ico|txt)$">Header always Set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"Header always Set Access-Control-Allow-Methods: "GET, POST, OPTIONS, PUT, DELETE"Header always Set Access-Control-Allow-Headers: "Origin, X-Requested-With, Content-Type, Accept, API-Key, Authorization"</Files>
Chat was closed by an operator/visitor, but visitor starting chat again opens an old chat?
Most likely you have enabled
Chat configuration -> Misc -> Reopen chat functionality enabled
Install from command line
It's also possible to install from command line.
install-cli.php script to root folder (
lhc_web if you pulled from github)
cp cli/install-cli.php install-cli.php
settings.ini. Don't forget to modify them.
cp cli/example.settings.ini cli/settings.ini
Install Live Helper Chat
php install-cli.php cli/settings.ini
Installation under sub-folder
If you are running wordpress site and have nice URL, you might need to allow access to Live Helper Chat subfolder.
.htacess could look like.
RewriteEngine On# Previous rulesRewriteRule ^lhc_web/.*$ - [L]# Afterward rules
How to login?
In order to login point your browser to directory where application is installed. URL address should look like http://<your_domain>/index.php/site_admin/