Tutorial how to setup Live Helper Chat.
- After you gave permission to write to cache folder. You should see the following window. If you see strange error instead of install make sure that
- Your browser is pointing to index.php/site_admin/install/install URL
- You gave recursive write permission to cache folder.
chmod -R 777 cache/
After that you should see something like his
Now just give permission to write to required folders/files
chmod 777 settings/chmod -R 777 var/storagechmod -R 777 var/userphotochmod -R 777 var/storageformchmod -R 777 var/storageadminthemechmod -R 777 var/botphotochmod -R 777 var/bottrphotochmod -R 777 var/storageinvitationchmod -R 777 var/storagedocsharechmod -R 777 var/storagethemechmod -R 777 var/tmpfiles
After that all items should be green.
On next screen you should see similar window. Database has to be precreated.
Application initial settings
These settings you can fill up according to your needs.
Logging to application
Login here you should be presented with login window.
Install url is always
This is the main application window.
Generating embed code
Now click on Settings icon on top menu. You should see this window.
Embed code -> Widget embed code (new)
You should see window like this
To have proactive enabled check
Check for operator invitation messages
Embed code should be similar to this. If you copy this code change
install.livehelperchat.com/index.php to your install path.
For more information and trouble shooting see integration article.
Proactive invitation setup
System configuration -> Live help configuration -> Pro active chat invitations
Here is demo configuration which we have on demo.livehelperchat.com. Some things it does:
- Message to user is send after he spends 20 seconds on page or have more than 2 pageviews.
- We show random profile from online operators
- Also we have to delayed messages there. Delayed messages can be also configured in autor responder sections.
- Also we have there long auto delayed message 40 seconds. If during that period no one accepts a chat message is shown that all operators are busy.
You can see proactive invitation setup on our demo installation.
And here is instant auto response message.
Here goes automatic auto response message.
- Wondering how to setup automatic online/work hours?
- Need automatically change operator status to offline/online?
- Want to rebrand it according to your site style?
- Don't know how to use screen sharing?
- Try windows app or chrome extension
How to login?
In order to login point your browser to directory where application is installed. URL address should look like http://<your_domain>/index.php/site_admin/